Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Challenge to Inspire: This Week's Quotes

I have had such a busy, yet incredible week. Miss Arkansas is right around the corner, and I could not be more excited for the approaching week! As promised, I have been posting a quote each day on my Facebook page in an effort to inspire my friends and family. Today, I am sharing those quotes here with you. The quotes are of wide variety, as I chose a quote each day that related to my personal experiences. I began this challenge last Wednesday, so I will start with my chosen quote from Thursday, July 4.






Thursday, July 4th
On our nation's birthday, I was inspired to be courageous. The men and women who have fought and continue to defend our nation each and every day display an immeasurable amount of selfless courage. I am so thankful for their service, and truly motivated by their dedication.








 Friday, July 5th
During the holiday weekend, I was able to spend time with my precious family. I was reminded of how incredibly blessed I am to be surrounded by people who love me unconditionally. I've heard it said, "you don't have to like your family, you just have to love them." Well, I am extremely fortunate, because my family members are also some of my best friends! 








Saturday, July 6th
I love this acronym. As an avid supporter of respecting others, I "think" this is a wonderful extension of the common phrase "think before you speak." 








Sunday, July 7th
On Sunday, I began the tedious process of packing for the Miss Arkansas Pageant. As any contestant will testify, a lack of organization with this process could result in disaster!  As I began separating suitcases, making piles of clothes, matching earrings with outfits, and creating countless checklists, the stress started to build. I read this quote later in the evening, and I was quickly comforted by these words. I remembered Matthew 6:34 where we are instructed not to worry about the troubles of tomorrow.








 Monday, July 8th


 On Monday, I was back to my regular training regiment in my usual setting. As the day began, I found myself simply wishing Miss Arkansas Week would arrive because I was so eager and anxious. A few minutes later, I read this quote and realized I should be incredibly thankful for the few days of preparation I had left. My work hard and perseverance in these final days could be vital to my experiences next week.







Tuesday July, 9th

 Yesterday I began to reflect on the blog post I made six months ago in regards to my pursuit of Miss Arkansas this year. As much as my selfish, humanly desires may like to ask God,  "Please give me this job!" I know that is not the appropriate request. Rather, I am praying for His will and His guidance to find that will, whatever it may be. 








 
Wednesday, July 10th
 I found today's quote on "The Bully Project" Facebook page yesterday. This statement is so true and can be fundamental to a person's happiness. I have been working diligently this past year to fill my time, my mind, and my heart with positivity. Whether that be the company I keep, the TV I watch, the books I read, or the words I speak. You are ultimately in control of who you allow to control your life. Decide who you want that to be and work consistently to make it happen!


I am so excited about this challenge, and I look forward to sharing with you all next week! My post could potentially be much less detailed next week, as it will be during Miss Arkansas. However, I will post, regardless of how brief or extensive it may be!


All my love and care,

I'm All In!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment